Improving Cable Marking Efficiency with the LM-550A Printer
On any worksite, increasing productivity and speed to complete a job is always valuable, but not at the expense of safety or quality. Cable marking can be a tedious part of the job, so having the marking tools to not only print quickly, but to do so accurately and reliably makes a difference.
The MAX Letatwin LM-550A Ferrule, Tube and Heatshrink Printer was designed with productivity in mind. Like everything Wiremarkers Australia supplies, it is best-in-class and has proven results.
Efficiency is not just important for the project management team who need to ensure on-time and on-budget results. Workers want to be efficient too; no one wants to spend more time on a task than necessary.
Minimising frustration for the on-the-ground workers is important. Providing the best tools for the job makes work easier, faster and safer, and lets employees know their work is worth the investment.
It’s the small savings in time that add up to large overall savings. The LM-550A Printer has a number of features that contribute to its efficiency.
- Multiple input methods: Upload data from a spreadsheet via your PC and print using a USB cable, transfer data using a USB flash drive, or enter information directly into the printer using the inbuilt keyboard.
- Versatility: Use the same printer for various marking media and sizes. It can print on PVC tubes sized between 1.5mm and 8mm, heat shrinkable tubes sized between 2mm and 6.5mm, and 5mm, 9mm, or 12mm wide tapes. Printing options include both horizontal and vertical text.
- Speed: An enhanced feeding system allows for a marking speed of 40mm per second. This means it can make around 52 pieces of 20mm length tube per minute.
- Accuracy: The quality of the printer and consumable components mean misprints are rare and wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Simplicity: Individual labels are only cut halfway through when they are printed, ensuring they stay in order and are easy to access. The printer has a large and backlit LCD display making it easy to use, even in dimly lit worksites.
- Portable: While the printer can connect to your PC for printing, it also works independently and comes with a sturdy plastic carry case for easy transportation — simply connect to a power supply and start printing. This means any additional labels unexpectedly needed on-site can be sourced immediately.
The LM-550A Printer is popular in a range of industries that require accurate cable marking, such as telecommunications for fibre optics, switchboards and NBN installations. It’s also used on mine sites to ensure immediate and accurate labelling of wires.